RPA Operator’s Certificate
Get certified to fly by Australia’s most trusted drone training school.
CASA ReOC — RPA Operator’s Certificate
If you want to start a serious drone business or add drones to your existing business, you need to hold a CASA RPA Operator’s Certificate (ReOC). Once issued by CASA, this certificate encompasses your business operations as a whole. Total RPA can assist you to prepare and manage all of the technical documents required to make an application to CASA. We write all your manuals and consult with you on how your business will operate inside the rule framework, how to manage future changes to the documents along with practical advice on the day-to-day running of an Australian drone business.
We will demystify the process and give you practical, hands on knowledge and skills to help you understand how your operation will fit into the current aviation legislation, and give you the most powerful tool for ANY business — knowledge!
- You need to nominate a Chief Controller, and that person must hold a valid CASA Remote Pilot Licence.
- You must nominate a chief maintenance provider. That person can be you or someone else.
- You will be charged a fee of between $1700-$2000 by CASA or the delegate to process your application.
You will make an application to CASA, which will include several technical manuals and documents explaining how you intend to:
- Operate your drone business
- Administer your staff
- Keep records
- Maintain currency and competency of staff (pilots and crew)
- Remain compliant with rules and regulations
- Assess and manage risk
- Complete maintenance procedures
- Handle dangerous goods
- Complete drug and alcohol management plans
CASA RPA Operator’s Certificate application steps
- You provide Total RPA with your information:
– Business details
– Operational details
– Staff details
– Drone types
– Equipment specs
- We produce:
– Operations manual + all appendices and technical documents
– Operational Library
- Our team make an application to CASA (or a delegate) for your ReOC
- We provide training on administration (use of the manuals)
- We provide training and preparation for the CASA final assessment
- You are assessed by CASA (or a delegate) and interviewed in relation to your operations
- CASA issue your RPA Operator’s Certificate
- You start earning money!
Once you provide Total RPA with the information, we will make application within 2 weeks. CASA will then take 2-4 Months to process your application and the delegate will take 4-6 weeks if you chose that option.
Total RPA can handle the entire process electronically, with no need for face-to-face time.
Total RPA will assess your ReOC application on an individual basis and apply a fee according to how complex your application will be. For a typical operation involving an off the shelf drone (Inspire 1, DJI S1000 for example) our fees are $1190 Inc GST, with package deals available when combining the CASA Remote Pilot Licence training.