Drone Certification Remote Pilot License
A CASA-Accredited Provider of Remote Pilot Licences
GET CERTIFIED NOT JUST TO FLY A DRONE, BUT LEARN TO FLY IT WELL
The professionals at Total RPA have years of experience turning students into qualified drone pilots with the proper training. We are one of the only organisations with the CASA accreditation to offer this course. Designed to get you your remote pilot license – formally, our five day drone training course is the perfect thing to kick-start a rewarding career as an RPA pilot. We will teach you everything you need to know about UAV (RPA) systems, aerodynamics, mission planning and preparation, flying at night, and much more. You will learn practical flying skills as well as practical operational skills that will put you a cut above the average pilot. In aviation knowledge is everything.
There are no prerequisites for the RePL course but you will need to have an ARN (Aviation Reference Number) issued by CASA before we can process your Remote Pilot Licence. If you do not have an ARN, you can apply for one here:
Our 4 and 5 Day RePL Course includes the following:
- 5 day classroom course
- Practical and theory
- Accommodation included (Nowra)
- Issue of RePL
- Issue of Radio Operators Certificate (including English proficiency exam)
- Training UAV provided
- All course text books, maps and publications
- ‘Drone Pilot’ Hi-Vis Vest
- Up to 25KG Multi Rotor standard with all courses
RePL Cost $2,595 GST FREE Inc sub 25KG
What if I already hold an Australian Pilots License?
If you already hold an Australian pilots licence for aeroplane or helicopter, you don’t have to do a full 5 day course. We can offer you a conversions course and type training. This involves only 1 and 1/2 days of practical and theory training to cover the RPA specific subjects required to issue you with an RePL. We do need you to have some previous drone flying experience before attending this course.
Holds Current Australian Pilot’s Licence Cost $1,200 + GST
What if I want to use larger Remote Pilot Aircrafts?
Sub 25 KG Type Training
If you wish to use larger RPA’s in your operation, Total RPA can offer you type training on a much larger platform than the basic RePL training course. Get trained on our large platform (DJI s1000) and get Sub 25 KG listed on your Remote Pilots Licence. This training can be included as an add-on to our basic course, or if you already have an RePL, we can offer type training only.
From $695 + GST
Professional Training In 7+ Locations
Total RPA provide drone training in Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, the Sunshine Coast, the Gold Coast, Townsville & Nowra. We can also arrange different locations upon request.
Upcoming 5-day RePL Course Timetable
Enquire Now View All Courses
Want to make the most of your drone? Check out our speciality courses available as add-ons to the RePL Course:
Extra Drone Certification Courses
- On top of the CASA Remote Pilot Licence, Total RPA offers you the chance to further your remote pilot operator training to support your fledgling business. Bundled together with our RPAS training course and/or UAV operators certificate packages, our extra short courses represent excellent value and will give you that little edge over your competitors. See below for more information.
Advanced Digital Mapping and Surveying
- Already have your CASA Remote Pilot Certificate and considering using a drone to obtain mapping and surveying data? Even for experienced surveyors, using a drone for this purpose presents its own special challenges. This course will give you the basics on aerial imaging for data acquisition in various fields. This course is an excellent extension to our Basic Mapping topic covered as part of the basic RPAS licence course.
Basic Digital Photography (aerial)
- We offer heaps of little tricks that only experienced professional photographers can give you as well as lots of practical hands on advice that will see you getting top class photos and video from your set up.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Where is the 5 day course held?
Q. What accommodation do you provide in Nowra?
Q. Do you provide the training drone or do I bring my own?
Q. Once I complete this course, do I need to sit an exam with CASA to get my remote pilot license?
Q. Why should I do this course with you and not one of the other operators who provide a similar course?
- QLD Government
- Victoria Police
- Work Cover Australia
- QLD Department of Agriculture
- Australian Broadcasting Corporation
- Australia National Rugby Union Team
- Snowy Hydro
We have also delivered courses and consulting for companies from all sectors of the UAV Industry, including mining, surveying, property and asset photography, mapping and spotting.