In the past 2-3 years, the drone industry has positively exploded. Because of this, statistics about the industry are somewhat difficult to come by. When the statistics are studied, however, it becomes abundantly clear that drones are continuing to grow at a rapid pace. If you’re on the fence about investing in a drone for your business, here are 7 compelling statistics that just might make you change your mind.
- America’s Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) anticipates that consumer drone numbers will increase from 1.1 million to 3.55 million by 2021. (Source)
If you’re not jumping on the drone trend now, you may be one of the few who doesn’t. Statistics demonstrate that this field is exponentially expanding, highlighting the important role that drones will continue to play in our world going forward.
- The FAA predicts that the number of consumer drones in the USA will hit more than 400,000 by 2021. (Source)
Drone consumers aren’t just hobbyists. Huge numbers of drone pilots are using their drones for commercial purposes. There’s heaps of value that a drone can have in the growth and success of your business, and much of it is still to be uncovered.
- In 2016, drone sales across the globe increased 60% and drone revenue reached $4.5 billion. (Source)
This statistics reaffirms the growth in the UAV industry, and also suggests that drone manufacturers will focus on making better, more advanced products. It’s clear that there’s money to be made in this field!
4 More Incredible Statistics
- Drone mapping, which has enormous benefits to a variety of industries, has been shown to be as much as 3X more efficient and cost effective. (Source)
A great reason to employ drones in commercial use is for tasks such as land mapping. Statistics like this one add weight to the number of other drone benefits.
- Industrial inspections in realms like oil and transportation are a major part of the commercial drone market, and estimates place drone inspection to comprise 30 percent of the commercial drone market through 2020. (Source)
Could this apply to your business? Such a statistic might get you thinking about the myriad of ways that drones could benefit your company.
- Between today and 2017, analysts estimate that some $13 billion will be spent on drones by government organisations and businesses. (Source)
The tide is moving towards the inevitable need for drones in commercial operations. The wisest move any business owner can make in 2017 is to spend time looking carefully into UAVs and the possibilities for commercial gain they offer.
- Research from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology indicates that the value of drone usage may be more than $127 billion for all industries, but shows particular benefits to the agricultural segment. (Source)
Possible uses for UAVs in the agricultural industry include crop spraying, soil and field analysis, and assessment and monitoring of crop growth and development. It’s not difficult to imagine how a drone could make working in sizeable crop fields much more efficient.
Experts predict that the growth of drones for commercial purposes in the coming years will be much like the tech boom of the 1980s. If you’re ready to take the plunge, Total RPA can help you get officially sorted and ready to fly.