Mapping and Surveying
Australia’s Best Aerial Survey Training Courses
If your business uses UAVs to obtain surveying and mapping data, get your employees educated with the experts. Even experienced surveyors, find that piloting a UAV for this purpose comes with its own challenges. Our courses give you the basics on aerial imaging for data acquisition in various fields, including:
Our remote sensing training courses have been accredited by the Australian Institute of Mine Surveyors and each course qualifies you to attract 14 survey practice points.
UAV Remote Sensing Course outline
Module 1 and 2
Duration: 2 Days
1.1 Digital camera basics
- Basic types of digital cameras used in UAV’s
- How a CCD and CMOS sensor work
- Bayer Filter basics
- Pixel size and signal to noise
1.2 Types of shutters how these effect remotely sense
- Electromagnetic spectrum
- Atmosphere interactions / scattering
- IFOV – Instantaneous Field of View
- Types of resolution
- Spatial (GSD)
- Spectral (multispectral, hyperspectral)
- Radiometric (bit depth / dynamic range)
- Types of sensors used in unmanned aerial survey
- Passive Vs Active
1.3 Passive – Frame cameras and Line scanners
1.4 Geometric distortions from platform and sensor
- Errors caused by platform (UAV) movement
- Types of UAV airframes and how they relate to platform errors
- Geometric errors caused by sensor
- Rolling shutter effects
- Lens distortion effects
2.0 UAV survey design and Basics Principles
- Flight line orientation block and linear features
- Overlaps forward and side
- Effects of terrain on overlaps
- Airbase and run spacing calculations
- Stereo imagery base / height ratio
- Ground Sample Distance + how to calculate
- Forward Image movement calculations
- Sun angle calculations and effects
- Ground control design and layout
- GPS airstation basics
Our mapping and surveying instructor is extremely qualified, holding a master’s degree in photogrammetry. With over 20 years’ experience in manned aircraft aerial imaging and data acquisition, he is the best possible teacher for you or your employees. He can show you how to get the most from your UAV with thorough training. Under his tutelage you’ll learn how to get your aircraft to produce an “answer’ that your clients can use and will be happy to pay for.
Unmanned Aerial Vehicle training from the very best Australian school
Get the training courses you need to succeed in you field with the experts at Total RPA. As the experts in unmanned Australian aerial surveys, we know exactly what the industry demands of remote pilots. Our courses are strictly tailored to get you as job-ready as possible before you even see an interview.
To pilot a drone for any commercial purpose, you must have your UAV Certification. Get it from the proven, reputable professionals. Need to learn from the ground up? We are one of the few organisations accredited by CASA to offer the Remote Pilot Certification course.
Interested in taking this course? Contact us now to enquire or make a booking.
Advanced mapping and surveying
Looking for the Best Drone Training Courses in Australia?
Total RPA offers a range of CASA-approved aerial survey training courses. Get your remote pilot license, your RPA Operator’s Certificate or enrol in drone photography or digital mapping & surveying.